So, I am linking up with Tara again for her Monday Made-It to show a few things that I accomplished this week (well, printed, cut-out, and laminated!).
1. I made Story Stones inspired from none other than Tara at 4th Grade Frolics who was inspired by Red Bird Crafts! I am not very artistic and didn't want to try to draw my own pictures, so I just cut pictures out of magazines and mod podged them on the stones. First, I gathered stones from our local beach on Lake Erie and washed them.
2. I printed and laminated these Daily 5 charts with the expectations listed on them from Tonya at Tonya's Treats for Teachers. I don't think I am going to use Listen to Reading but I printed it anyway. This is my first attempt at Daily 5 (or modified version of) and I am excited to see how it will work with my students!
3. I printed, cut-out, and laminated the activity for word work "Barbecuing Up a Good Time Idioms " from Teaching to Inspire in 5th. It meets the CCSS for idioms and is a fun way for kids to practice. I have printed the idioms recording sheet and placed it in the folder since I took the picture. I will have students turn in their recording sheet when they finish the word work station.
Don't you love the Mead folders with the handy pocket? Tara posted about these and I found some at Walmart!
4. I printed this Boggle recording sheet for another word work station from Rebecca at Create Teach Share.
6. I printed and laminated this Word Work Scrabble also from Tara at Fourth Grade Frolics again (can you tell that I stalk her?). Now I just need to find some letter tiles.
7. I printed and laminated these nonfiction reading task cards from Melissa at Life's a Teach. I searched and searched for the exact post but could not find it. If you do find it, please let me know and I will update:)
8. I printed, cut-out, and laminated these story starters from Fourth Grade Frolics for a work on writing station:) The fall themed are here and Silly Story Starters at TN here.
9. I printed, cut-out, and laminated these desk and bin fairy cards from 3rd Grade Thoughts TPT store.
10. Finally, I bagged 63 of these goldfish snacks for all the 4th graders only to be disappointed that the goldfish were so greasy! Now, I will have to print them out again and tape or staple to the front of the package if I pass them out at Open House. We will see what my teammates say...
You can find these for any grade level here from Lattes and Laughter (scroll to the end of the post and don't make the same mistake I did when you bag them!)...
I will be posting my classroom pictures soon. Happy Labor Day everyone!!