expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday, August 13, 2012

Monday Made It (Laminator!! Yay!)

I am linking up again with Tara at 4th Grade Frolics Monday Made It!  This linky has really kept me motivated.  I love all that I am getting done!!  This week I did a lot of finding, stealing, borrowing, buying, printing, laminating, cutting, and adhering.  I guess when I put it that way, it kinda sounds like I made it!  Yep!
There will be many links posted below to my inspirations:)  Thank you to all these fellow bloggers!



I received my Scotch Laminator in the mail and everyone was right!  I DO LOVE IT.  It has become my best friend this past week:)  It was well worth the $30 to be able to laminate WHAT I want, WHERE I want, and WHEN I want.  Priceless!!




I finally figured out I had to feed the laminating pouch in the top (I tried feeding it through the bottom and wondered why nothing happened).  It took it right in and laminated pretty quickly!


Here it comes!


 I downloaded these Rules posters from 3rd Grade Thoughts who originally found them at The Polka Dot Patch.  I cannot wait to get them up in my room!


Next, I went on a laminating binge!  I got my Carson Dellosa owls for my door laminated...




I finally got the "WELCOME" letters laminated that I was inspired to make by 4th Grade Frolics (who got her idea from Mrs. Lee's Kindergarten).  I had my 5 year old hold them because I cannot bring my things to school yet...still waxing the floors:(


 For the ribbon, I just used my handy dandy scotch advanced tape glider and taped each circle to the ribbon.  If you look closely, you can see the tape on the back of this circle.


Back view of sign...


I laminated these ADORABLE owl subject headers from The Wise and Witty Teacher to use for my homework area.


Found these two great charts that I can hang once we do these lessons for the Daily 5 that I will be trying a modified version of in 4th grade this year.  I found this website (San Juan Unified School District) through Pinterest and they have a lot of Daily 5 resources.



These cute EEKK posters I downloaded from Kelli at Castles and Crayons.  Check out all her Daily 5 resources!

I (actually!) made these myself for my front board.  I will put magnets on the back of them and my teacher's helpers and math meeting helper will be changed daily below them.  The "recess" one is where I keep a list of students who owe work and stay back from recess that day to get caught up.


By the way, the lamination is nice and thick and I had no problems at all.  It is also the type that will be easy to write on with a wet erase marker.  My school has a cold laminator and the paper is funky.  It can't really be written on and I was worried about this laminator.  No worries!  I also just bought 200 laminating pouches at Sam's Club for $19 and change.

Next, I printed these Reading Response Labels for Interactive Journals from Rachel Lynette's TpT store.  I printed them on Avery 8160 and they didn't quite line up correctly, so then I printed them on regular paper and will cut them when I need to use them.


There were 42 prompts available to print and I just picked out about 10 to start with:


Then, I knocked off the sharpened/unsharpened pencils and Box Tops container on my to do list.  I have seen these all over the blogging world!  I started with 2 Folgers containers for the pencils and a taller container for the Box Tops.


I just wrapped each container in scrapbook paper and adhered it with my handy Scotch Tape Runner!  The cute labels are from Lil' Country Kindergarten.  


Back view of pencil holders...


Finally, I decorated this binder cover template to fit my needs.  The binder cover template is from Lyndsey at A Year of Many Firsts.  They are fully editable! Yay!


The only item that I used to keep in this binder (with a not-so-nice cover) was the record of books read by each student (independent reading chapter books).  I keep track of where the book is from (home, library, or teacher library), the date they finished the book, AR test score, and if the book was returned.  I don't have an elaborate way of checking out my teacher library books and this system works for me to check if students have checked out books.  Every student in my homeroom and ELA class has a tab.  

In addition to the form below, this year I will be adding the CAFE reading and writing conference forms for each student under their tab in this binder.  I also will put calendar and keeping track forms in the front of the binder.  Check back soon to read my blog post about this as I get more organized.  This is all new to me and I am nervous that I won't be able to keep up with the paperwork for D5 (or D3 in my case:)


The border is from the Hello Literacy blog.  If you would like a free copy of this handout to keep track of your students reading, leave me a comment with your email and I will send it to you!


I am looking forward to reading about all your great projects too!  See you soon:)

15 comments:

  1. That laminator will come in handy throughout the year! All your labels look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it looks like you have been very busy this week! I love your blog design and am super excited to have found a fellow 4th grade blog!

    Liliris
    Fourth Grade Garden

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love my laminator, too. So much better than waiting in line at school! I really like your pencil and box top containers. Great up-cycle! If that is chocolate whey then it will smell heavenly every time you take the lid off! :)
    ~Andi

    ReplyDelete
  4. You were so busy this week... I love all of your projects! I snagged the rules posters for my classroom. Thanks! I am also doing an owl theme. Check out my post if you get a chance. :)
    - Michele
    Multiage Moments

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You have been busy...I'm off to check out everything you stole from someone else. Thanks for all the great inspiration!

    Terri Izatt
    KinderKapers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all your creations. I really need to make a box top holder.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have been super duper busy!! I have a personal laminator as well and LOVE it!! I just made a box top holder this week too...can't wait to get it in my classroom and put it to use!

    Lisa
    Super Pig and Tyrant King

    ReplyDelete
  8. I definitly put my laminator in use this weekend too. I lilke the use of the coffee bins. I drink enough coffee I should be saving my bins! Looks great. Hope you can get in your room soon.

    Heather
    mrsbucaroff.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh--isn't it fun to have a laminator. I am giving away one this week--you could have one at home and one in your classroom. www.ateacherwithoutaclass.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I found you through Monday Made It! I have the same laminator and LOVE it!! Everything looks great :)

    Cait
    Sliding into First!

    ReplyDelete
  11. System overload! You have so many great things worthy of lamination!! I think I need one of those. Thanks for sharing. I'm so glad I found you!
    Jenny
    Owl Things First

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everything looks great! You have been super busy!
    ❀Beth Ann❀
    Taming My Flock of Firsties
    bakteach16@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just love your pencil containers they are so darn cute!...And you inspired me to invest in a laminator...My school doesn't have one so I make frequent trips to the Lakeshore Learning Store to laminate and that can be a hassle sometimes!

    Your newest follower,
    Charell
    Miss Milton's Memoirs

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just found you through Made It Monday and now I am your newest follower. Love all of your stuff. It all looks great! Lattes and Laughter

    ReplyDelete
  15. I had a chuckle reading this post, as last year, this was ME! I was a laminating fiend! LOL It was definitely a GREAT investment.

    I'm your newest follower. Look forward to reading more about you and your class this year!

    msbsclassroomcapers.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete