expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Friday, February 8, 2013

Monday Made-It February!

Although I am a little late, I always love hooking up with my all-time favorite inspiration in the blogging world, Tara at 4th Grade Frolics.  She's the best I tell ya!  (doesn't that sound like something she would say?)  Haha!
My Made-Its are mostly products I have finally found time to print, laminate, and cut-out.  I have found so many new materials this year thanks to the blogging world and TPT.  Adding math centers and a Daily 5 revised model has been rewarding in so many ways, yet exhausting at the same time.  I am looking forward to next year when I will already have many math center, word work, and work on writing activities on hand and laminated from this year.  Then, I can add steadily without feeling like I am running around frantic all the time:)  

My students are finally working on multiplying two-digit by two-digit numbers and I laminated this cute centers activity by Tara.  I have used the other centers in this Holiday Hoopla pack and this one can obviously be used anytime of the year!

I am excited to use this next product by Nichole at Craft of Teaching.  It is a Quadrilateral 2D shape sort and aligns with the Common Core.  The students can always use practice sorting quadrilaterals by properties.  It includes 24 cards for sorting, graphic organizer for sorting by quadrilateral name, bland graphic organizer for "open" sorting, Venn diagram for comparing and contrasting attributes, and triple Venn diagram for comparing and contrasting attributes.


I invested in some more of Rachel Lynnette's task cards during the big TPT sale.  This set is on inferences and my students always need more practice using this skill.  I just love her task cards!

These winter story starter cards I actually did make:)  You can get them here for FREE at my TPT store:)  Story starters are another new idea I am trying this year that the blogging world got me hooked on.  I love reading the students' stories using this method!  They are a creative way to get students excited about writing!

One more plug for me...sorry!  I am just really proud of myself for stepping up and making some useful TPT products for centers:)  I have learned so much from the blogging world!  In January I made a math center using line plots and fractions.  In 4th grade, students are expected to graph and interpret fractional data using line plots.  I created this "Line Plots with Fractions" math center that includes the game shown below and another game using a die.  

The students here are playing "pizza party" where they flip cards showing a fractional part of pizza that they graph on their line plot (laminate and use dry erase markers at a center).  After about ten turns each, students complete a series of questions using their line plot data.  For example, students calculate how much pizza was graphed total on their line plot by adding all the fractions shown together. 


I made several variations of the line plots so that students can start with fractions that have common denominators and work their way up to uncommon denominators.

I made two sets of pizza cards for my centers, each with a different colored back to keep them separate.
 

To easily get a colored back on the cards, I run a tape runner on the back of the cards paper before cutting them out.  I place the paper on a colored piece of paper and then cut out the squares.


My Kindergartener daughter needs to make her 100th day project this weekend (or should I say she needs to assist me while I make it?).  Haha!  Anyway, I took some picture of some wonderful 100 days projects at the school where I teach for inspiration.  This project turned out awesome and the teacher said her mom got the idea off Pinterest:)  
She used a hair dryer to make the color run off the crayons. Isn't it beautiful?  I hope Lilly (I) can think of something creative for her project!  Wish me luck:)  

Congratulations to Diane from Fifth in the Middle on winning my giveaway with the Quietest Pencil Sharpener!  It is already on its way:)  She chose RED!

2 comments:

  1. Awwww, how cute is that 100th day project!! (And my daughter "helped" with the Valentine Box we made.! ;O)

    Lots of great resources here! I haven't even started line plots! Ahhhh! You are so on top of things. I have a lot to learn from you!

    What kind of tape runner is that? I haven't seen one like that!!

    (Thanks for voting for the laminator!!) ;O)
    Amanda
    Collaboration Cuties

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such cute stuff you have going friend:) Thanks for the shout out and for linking up:) Your sweet comments and posts always brighten my day:) Hope you are having a great start to your week:)))

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete