expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Sunday, March 24, 2013

In Need of Opinions! Hosting My First Linky Party Tuesday!!


 I am TRYING IT!  My first linky party!!  Yay! 

                       Design #1                  Design #2
Originally, I was planning on hosting the linky on Thursdays, but then the AMAZING, TALENTED Michelle from 3AM Teacher started working on the buttons above for me!  I just LOVE them and thought maybe the linky SHOULD be on Tuesday!  Michelle agreed since there are a lot of end of the week linky parties already.  Tuesdays it is!
Click on the link above to take you to 3AM Teacher's blog store!  Her work is truly inspiring and she works so fast (I guess that is how she got the name "The 3AM Teacher"!).  She also updated my comments section and I finally have the "reply" button...yay!  
If you like the comment set-up, check out this service by Michelle here!

I need your help!!  Being the amazing designer she is, Michelle sent me OPTIONS of buttons to choose from (actually four different ones!).  How can I decide? I narrowed it down to these two and they are BOTH wonderful!  So, I thought I would see what my followers think.  Design #1 is easier on the eyes and not "so loud" but, at the same time, I like the colorfulness of Design #2.  What do you think??  Please leave me a comment and help me make up my mind!  If the vote seems to be split, I could always offer your choice of which button to link up...Is that taking the easy way out?  

I hope you will stop back this Tuesday and link up for the first "Tried It Tuesday!"  
You might be wondering, "What is Tried It Tuesday?"
My idea is that you can do a quick link up (I am all about quick link ups in the middle of the week) of anything you have "tried" and tell everyone how you LOVED it...or maybe how it was an EPIC FAILURE...haha!  Anything goes!

...you tried a new lesson plan or teaching strategy
...you tried a new teaching product (you can promote your product or another's!)
...you tried a new management strategy
...you tried a new technology tool
...you tried a new recipe at home
...you tried out a new website 
ANYTHING GOES!

I thought this linky would go well with my "Flipper" theme since teaching is all about trying new strategies and ideas all the time...borrowing and tweaking them to your style. 
Sometimes they work out and other times they don't.  
Also, we all have things we "try out" in our personal lives and those are fun to read about too!

So, which link up button do you prefer??

50 comments:

  1. Hey sweetie!! I am so there and I will be a faithful linky buddy with you every Tuesday if I can remember) love it... don't you just love Michelle too? Shes sooooo incredible and makes the most creative things!! I think that I like design 2 best because it gives it a little pop ;) hope this helps... love you girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That you so much, Laura!! This is exciting:) Love you too girl!!

      Delete
  2. I prefer option #2 - with the red - but I would link up no matter what the button looked like. I love your idea - I think there will be a lot of great information being shared. Off to ponder things I've tried....

    Looking From Third to Fourth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I can't wait to see what people link up:) It looks like #2 is winning by a landslide!
      Holly

      Delete
  3. I like the one with the red letters- but like AMC I'd link up no matter what. ;-)
    Jivey
    ideas by jivey

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like #2 as well, it stands out and it's flashy! Good luck on your first linky party-I plan to be there!
    Joanne
    Head Over Heels For Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Holly!
    I love this idea for a linky! Both buttons are awesome--I like the one with the red (it adds a little more color :)

    BTW--I love the look of these comment boxes! Did you add them yourself? I'd love to do something similar on my blog :)

    --jen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jen!! Michelle at 3AM Teacher also updated my comment boxes! I added a link in the post to: http://the3amteacher.blogspot.com/p/order-custom-add-ons.html
      Isn't she wonderful! I would never be able to figure this stuff out:)
      Holly

      Delete
  6. I also prefer #2, but like the others, I would link up either way :)

    Diane
    Fifth in the Middle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Diane! Your support means a lot:)
      Holly

      Delete
  7. Both are so creative, but #2 is a little bit easier to read. Can't wait for the link up!

    Jeanette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. #2 is winning by a landslide! Thank you so much for your feedback, Jeanette!
      Holly

      Delete
  8. I just bought some clip art from Michelle last night, and yes, amazing! :)

    I also like option #2 better. More eye-catching I think. I'll see ya Tuesday!

    Mandy
    The 4th Grade Journey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Mandy!! I really appreciate your support:)
      Holly

      Delete
  9. I also like the one with the red. :) looking forward to linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!! Thank you so much, Emily! I can't wait to see what everyone links up:)
      Holly

      Delete
  10. Although I am partial to blues and greens, I'd have to agree with the red. It draws the eye in more. I can't wait to link up, what a great idea!

    Christy
    Teaching Tales Along the Yellow Brick Road

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Christy! I am looking forward to it!!
      Holly

      Delete
  11. #2!!! I'm so excited for you linky Holly!! I will definitely link up!

    Tina
    Crofts' Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like design #2. I actually think that one is easier to read, because the blue letters in Design #1 get washed out easier.

    What a great linky! I can't wait to link up :)

    Rae
    Mindful Rambles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your vote, Rae!! It looks like #2 is winning:)
      Holly

      Delete
  13. I like design #2 because of the red, it makes it pop a little bit more. I'll be there to link up!!

    Tracey
    Third Grade All Stars

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the pop of the red too, Tracey:) Thank you so much for your support!
      Holly

      Delete
  14. I like design #2 because it is a little easier to read! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your input! It looks like there are more votes for #2!!

      Delete
  15. I like them both. Looking forward to linking up on Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your new Linky sounds fun. I like button #2. The red makes it more eye-catching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your vote:) #2 is the clear favorite!

      Delete
  17. I also like button #2! Best wishes with the linky!!

    Kelly
    Teaching Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the pop of button # 2. Can't wait to link up!
    Learning in Bliss

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!! Thank you so much for your feedback! I am really excited:)

      Delete
  19. Replies
    1. That seems to be the consensus:) Thank you so much for your support!

      Delete
  20. I like number 2! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again, Dawn:) I am looking forward to you starting your blog!
      Holly

      Delete
  21. Hi Holly!! I LOVE your linky idea!! =) I will do my best to try something new each week, and blog about it! I really like option 2 because the red pops. They're both super cute though!! =)
    I'm looking forward to linking up!
    -Jackie-
    Sister Teachers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so sweet, Jackie! I can't wait to have you link up:)

      Delete
  22. The comments section looks so cool. I am joining most everyone is casting a vote for #2.

    Looks like a fun linky!
    Jane
    Learning in the Little Apple

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didn't Michelle do an awesome job? Thank you so much for your support, Jane!

      Delete
  23. I vote for Option #2, but they are both super cute!! :)
    Good luck with your new linky party! I'll stop back by tomorrow! :)

    -Liz
    TheHappyTeacher

    ReplyDelete
  24. Everything needs a pop of red, so #2! :) Can't wait to link up with ya!

    Amanda
    Teaching Maddeness

    ReplyDelete
  25. #2 is easier to read :0) Sounds like fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. WOW!! 49 comments - that's incredible!! What's the count so far?? haha!!
    I can't wait to link up with you!!

    Michelle
    The 3AM Teacher
    Visit My FB Page

    ReplyDelete