expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Friday, February 21, 2014

Five For Friday {February 21, 2014}

I'm home from a fun-filled week in Orlando, Florida and I have some great pictures to share for Five for Friday with Doodle Bugs Teaching!   

We spent two days at Magic Kingdom. The first day (last Saturday) it was about 65 degrees but we loved it! We went back to the resort in the middle of the day and took naps to return in the evening for fireworks. The only part of the park we made it to was Fantasyland. The second day (Wednesday), it was 83 degrees and we went to the other areas. 

Here are a few pictures of the Magic Kingdom days. We met even more Disney characters than this but I didn't want to overwhelm the post with too many pics! In the near future, I am going to write a more detailed post of our day and what we experienced in case there are any other first timers out there that are looking for tips before heading to Disney. :)










On Monday we went to Animal Kingdom and are so glad that we chose this one for our young kids. They LOVE animals and it was a more relaxed day than Animal Kingdom.
We started the day with a buffet breakfast at Tusker House Restaurant. The kids met four Disney characters (Mickey, Donald, Daisy, and Goofy).
We were lucky to have a family member give us points for their timeshare and stayed at the Fountains Bluegreen Resort. It was great having a suite with two bedrooms, two baths, living room, and full kitchen. The pool areas were amazing too!

On our pool day, my daughter and I took a mini SCUBA lesson! Here we are getting our gear on. My face is in the water and Lilly is with the SCUBA instructor. Getting SCUBA certified is on my bucket list and now I know for sure that I would love it! I have always loved the water and used to snorkel when I was younger, diving as deep as I dared with my fins. I have been a lifeguard at our local outdoor pool in the summer for ten years now, teaching aquasize, wee woozles (Mommy and me class), and some limited lessons for only a few hours a week now that I have my own kids but I enjoy it! 

What could make a trip to Disney even MORE AMAZING? Meeting my BBB, Joanne from Head Over Heels for Teaching in person, of course!!! She is the sweetest (which I already knew) but she is even sweeter in person if that is even possible! We had such a blast hanging out! Our daughters are both named "Lily" and are only a couple weeks apart in age. I think they don't really understand how far away we live from each other. :( Our hubbies bonded over several games of ping pong (little boys trapped in big bodies!). Here are some pictures of our time together!
 This was a ride that simulated a roller coaster. My two are closest in the picture and her two are on the farther seat. Aren't their expressions priceless? :)


 Being goofy!


My sweet friend, Molly, and Lucky to Be in First is celebrating her One Year Blogging Birthday! I can't believe all that she has accomplished in just ONE year!! Her giveaway is HUGE with 25+ products donated from bloggers at both primary and intermediate levels. You have to check it out!

Also, don't forget to check out this amazing deal on Educents with ten "Tricky Math" products for just about $1.00 each! Included are two of my popular math centers.

Have a great weekend everyone!! 

12 comments:

  1. It looks like you had a fantastic time! So happy for you. : ) That's so cool that you got to meet Joanne too! How fun! Dontcha just love all the buddies we make on our blogs? Nicest people ever.

    I totally wanna go to DisneyWorld someday. I live 15 min. from Disneyland, which you need to come visit next, but I've heard WDW is uh-mazing!!

    Ali
    Teaching Powered by Caffeine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had an amazing time! We went to DisneyWorld for our honeymoon and I can't wait to go back one day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, Love, Love your pictures and can't wait to read more about your trip! Now you have me kicking myself we didn't make reservations for Animal Kingdom. Did you go to Hollywood Studios?
    Theresa
    Pinkadots Elementary

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy that you and your family had an amazing vacation. The pictures of you and Joanne are awesome!! I would love to visit Disney but I think we may have missed the boat with our kids : (

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad your family loved their first trip to Disney! And, I'm soooo glad I got to see you...TWICE! I'm so lucky! It's amazing how blogging has brought people together, even our families! xoxo
    Joanne
    Head Over Heels For Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like you guys had an awesome time! I'm so glad you got a chance to relax with your family.
    Enjoy your weekend!
    Michele

    Coffee Cups and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful trip!!! I am so jealous....I would love to say that the weather here has been sunny and in the 80's too, but that just doesn't happen in Wisconsin in February. :(

    Thanks for sharing your beautiful pictures! I lived vicariously through them. :))

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad y'all had fun!!! I love Animal Kingdom too! Hollywood Studios is my fave. Epcot is awesome for people watching, eating, and drinking. :)
    Jivey

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! What a great trip you and your family had! I wish I had a week like that this week...but I'm living through this post! Welcome back!
    Ana
    Mrs. Bentin's Blackboard

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful trip you had to Disney and to meet Joanne and her family! So very special!!! I have never been to Animal Kingdom, but I bet I would love it...at least I know I would love the giraffes!!! XOX
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your trip looked so fun!!! Glad you enjoyed it and can't wait to hear more!!
    Rachel
    A Tall Drink of Water

    ReplyDelete