expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Tried It Tuesday {Intermediate Science}

Only four more days to go until TEN days off!! I think I can...I think I can! As I sit here writing this post, my grades are due today, my walk-in observation can be any day, and I am still mentally exhausted from last week's ELA state tests (which I get to regionally score tomorrow so I need sub plans made still! Yay me!!). Haha! It's always something!

We are staying home for the most part over spring break but are taking a two night trip to an indoor water park with the kids. I am looking forward to playing catch up on many items on the to-do list! I won't be posting a new Tried It Tuesday post next week, but this link up will be open for TWO weeks, so feel free to link up anytime and check back!
Now, it's Time for Tried It Tuesday! 
What have you tried at school or home?
My Tried It:
Intermediate Science
Now that the ELA test is over, our teachers are gearing up for math and science. I can breathe a big sigh of relief since I only teach all the ELA, but wanted to share some great science resources with you today by some of my BBB's!
One topic I taught when I did teach all subjects in fourth grade was physical and chemical changes. I love using videos in the science classroom and found this engaging "Changes Rap" on Youtube.


I also found this great anchor chart example on Pinterest.
This chemical and physical changes SCOOT game by my amazing friend Sabra at Teaching With a Touch of Twang is a great activity to incorporate when teaching this skill!
I love the chart that comes with this pack listing many examples of physical and chemical changes!
The cards are so colorful and REALLY make the students stop and think!
These students actually used this game at a center and I laminated the answer sheet for use with dry erase markers. They each took half of the cards and recorded their answers with different color markers. Then, when they were done, they calculated who had more correct answers! Of course, you can also play whole class SCOOT with the cards too!


Are you looking for a great deal on some fun, engaging intermediate science activities? Check out this amazing deal on Educents! For a limited time, there are NINE intermediate science downloads (including the SCOOT game above) for only $10.99 from Educents (this is about 65% off!).   

Check out all these amazing science products included in this bundle!









And if you have never purchased from Educents before.. they always have a great deal for your first purchase.  
Click here if you are a first time purchaser to take advantage of a  special offer just for you!   



6 comments:

  1. I generally "only" teach ELA but next year I *might* have a self-contained class (which I would love)and then I will desperately need these resources. So I guess I will have to pin them to save them just in case. Thanks for the recommendations and enjoy your break! (An indoor water park sounds like tons of fun!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our state tests are this week - I definitely want to add more science once it is over, so I am definitely pinning this so I won't forget :D. I'm glad I'm not the only one with a late Spring Break, I have been seriously jealous of all these other bloggers who have already gone. Just a few more days - we can do it right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Spring Break is next week too!! These last days cannot go fast enough!! Thanks for hosting this fun linky every week!!
    Rachel
    A Tall Drink of Water

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey that's me!!! Thanks for sharing friend! I'm so glad your kids liked it :o) I hadn't seen those videos but they will be added to my Pinterest board! Have I mentioned how jealous I am that you are already done with your testing? Ours is next week but I am already done, lol. Have a fabulous spring break girl!

    Sabra
    Teaching with a Touch of Twang

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! You've added a bunch of awesome resources! Thank you! I'm jealous that you haven't had Spring Break yet. I really want a do-over! I'm amazed that y'all get to grade your state tests. Ours are sent off to the state only to see the results several months later. :( XO
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't know about Educent..I am always learning something new from you! Hope you are enjoying your break! Thanks so much!!

    Emily
    Style Closet to Classroom

    ReplyDelete