expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday, August 5, 2013

Monday Made It (reunion, some laminating, and more book bin labels)!!

It's another Monday and I am in the home stretch now!  We had a family reunion last weekend and since it is always the first weekend in August, it seems to mark the beginning of the end of summer:(  It is time to really buckle down and get working on my room.  
Students start back September 5th, but, as you know, those weeks just fly by!  
I am linking up today with the absolutely fabulous Tara from 4th Grade Frolics (I am still in love with this blog-first ever that I followed!) for her Monday Made It linky.  
My first Made It is a HOME Made It for our family reunion.  
My sisters and I were assigned games and I put these prize baskets together for all the kids ranging in ages from 8 months to 17 years.  I did a lot of shopping last week!
I just love the bins from the Dollar Tree!!  They look so cute with a bunch of prizes shoved in them. :)
Girls' basket age 6 years (there were four girls age 6 at the reunion!).
Teenage basket!
Boys' age 3 basket (there were five boys age 3 at the reunion!).
I printed, laminated, and cut out these Back to School Getting to Know You Task Cards made by Love.Learn.Teach. to use in the first few days of school as a fun way for students to get to know their teacher (me!).  Students love to learn about their teacher as a "real" person!  There are 40 task cards and I plan on sifting through them and choosing the ones I want to use.


Dawn recommends using these cards as task cards to introduce learning stations, as writing prompts, with Quiz-Quiz-Trade, Fan n Pick, Inside-Outside Circle, or Rally Robin.
I also printed and laminated these "Owl" About Grammar and "Owl" About Sentences from Cute Classroom Creations.  They fit perfectly with my owl theme and I will post the visual poster in my room as I introduce a concept and change out the old since I have limited wall space.




Finally, I spent a lot of time working on making some more labels for the classroom.  
Lauren from The Traveling Teacher won my Pin It to Win It contest for customized labels.  She chose a superhero theme with purple and turquoise chevron.  I uploaded editable chevron superhero book bin labels in a variety of bright colors to my TPT and TN stores.

I also had a request for editable plain chevron book bin labels and made those this week too!

If you would like to win one of these sets of labels, Pin It, place the URL of your Pin in the Comments section and I will pick at least one winner to announce in tomorrow's post for Tried It Tuesday which will be back weekly for August starting tomorrow!  Be sure I have your email in case you are the winner or check back tomorrow.  Many people are "no reply bloggers"! :)

I'll leave you with a couple highlights of our fun reunion this weekend...
Sawdust hunt for candy and money!  Here are three of the six year old girls (mine is on the right).  The game has a long standing tradition and was always my favorite growing up.  
Now, I don't like to touch the sawdust! lol
 One of the "Minute to Win It" games.  Kids moved skittles from the cup to an empty cup, one at a time by sucking through the straw to move them.
Here is my Lilly wrapped in toilet paper for a relay race around the pond! :)
 Here is Lilly one more time with her first large mouth bass catch (Daddy helped a little!).

Happy Monday friends!  My thoughts are with those of you starting with students this week!
I'm off to check out all the amazing Made Its linked up today! :)

22 comments:

  1. Your reunion looked like so much fun!! Those gift baskets are amazing. Makes me wish I had an aunt like you when I had to go to those reunions as a kid! :)

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pinned those labels! Soooo cute! I think I may be the first to post about it :) http://pinterest.com/pin/156359418286040747/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your book labels - very cute! I pinned them here: http://pinterest.com/pin/178244097725546422/

    Molly
    bookishadvantage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your book labels are super cute! I've been debating whether to make my own or use some already made. I could definitely use these!!

    Pin: http://pinterest.com/pin/193021534002697778/

    Kayla
    www.texasteachingfanatic.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You have been busy! I love the book bin labels and those getting to know you task cards!
    Here's my pin! http://pinterest.com/pin/450711875178607785/

    teachingwithmrsbro.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oohh...love these!

    Here's my pin, hope I win! http://pinterest.com/pin/165436986284884446/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your prize bins! I'm sure they were all very excited to get them. Looks like you had a wonderful time at your reunion!

    Hunter's Tales from Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  8. looks like fun!
    We start one week before you, time is flying!

    Elizabeth
    Hodges Herald

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your book bin labels! They would go perfectly with my class colors!! Here's my URL:
    http://pinterest.com/pin/create/button/?url=http://fourthgradeflipper.blogspot.com/2013/08/monday-made-it.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+FourthGradeFlipper+%28Fourth+Grade+Flipper%29&media=http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-t4ncNi4Jq20/Uf8ZTMeS69I/AAAAAAAAGqM/juq4gSKOI6Y/s400/Preview+Colorful+Chevron.png&description=Monday%20Made%20It%20(reunion,%20some%20laminating,%20and%20more%20book%20bin%20labels)!!

    Crossing my fingers that I'm the winner!! Thanks for the giveaway!! :)

    Cindy E.
    celdridge2863@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. These book bin labels are so cute! I've spent the last few weeks organizing my classroom library, and these labels would be perfect for my bins. Thank you!
    http://pinterest.com/pin/231161393346979849/
    Heather
    Hlryder@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like your labels. I'm organizing my book bins today.
    http://pinterest.com/pin/272608583667321575/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your book bin labels!!

    I went to follow you on BlogLovin' and realized I already am! :) I love all of your neat ideas!

    ~Miss McDonald

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your prize baskets are just adorable! I'm sure everyone ooh-ed and ah-ed!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really need to get to sorting my books. These book bin labels would be perfect! Here's my pin: http://pinterest.com/pin/108227197268367571/

    erocks720@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Girl!! You have been busy busy busy!!! :) Don't forget what's coming tomorrow... :-) For that late-night post writing. :) :)
    Jivey
    ideas by jivey
    Follow me on Facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love those book bin labels! I have to go in and organize my book bin labels this week and these would be a great help! Thanks!
    http://pinterest.com/pin/466544842618691470/

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am completely redoing my classroom library this year, and I would love to have these labels! Thanks!
    http://pinterest.com/pin/26669822766508054/
    tldarge@yahoo.com
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW! How cute are those gift baskets! You really did do a lot of shopping! I also printed those task cards and can't wait to use them! I just need to laminate!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  19. http://pinterest.com/pin/380906080954423364/
    I Love this!!!
    cathylepine@myway.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOVE THEM! exactly the colors im using with my superhero theme!! i definately pinned this : http://pinterest.com/pin/193373377723392081/
    Jdaisyq@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. You bin labels are adorable! And I love the idea of the minute to win it games! I'm thinking about doing that for a class party at some point in the future! I wonder if that would work? You put a lot of work into your reunion and I bet they really enjoyed it!! :O)

    Hugs,
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for posting the links to the task cards - I have totally put them into my cart. Your labels look awesome!
    Jenn
    Doodling Around in 6th Grade

    ReplyDelete