expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Friday, March 29, 2013

March High and Low Linky!!

I am linking up with amazing Katie from Teacher to the Core for my high and low of the month.
Check out her super cute blog by clicking the link above!

My high of the month...
This goes along with my 2 Truths and a Lie post here.
I have always wanted to go to Disney.
I have never been.
I knew that one day I would take my two children when they were old enough.
Next year they will be 4 and 6 at the time of a week off in February.
But, it is SO expensive and money is super tight:(
My husband and I are hard workers by nature.
We both paid for entire cost of college on our own (after any scholarships and yep, we are still paying those loans after being graduated for 13 years!).
So, we thought we could just charge the trip to our credit cards.
We don't hoard our money and have the philosophy that we have the rest of our lives to make money but our kids are only going to be with us to go on vacation for a short time!

I really didn't know if we could stay in a one room hotel room for a week with little kids.
We stayed three days in a one room hotel last spring in the Outer Banks and I couldn't wait to get out of there!  
To save money, we went to the grocery store and ate some meals in the room.  
Here is a picture of my youngest eating pudding in his seat in the hotel in the Outer Banks:
Actually, TODAY we were talking about staying one night in a hotel next week at Splash Lagoon (I am on a 2 week spring break...don't be a hater!).
Charlie looks at me and says, "I want to eat pudding in there!"
It must have made a lasting impression:)
So, what is the HIGH??
My hubby's aunt and uncle said that we could use their timeshare points to stay at a resort!
What?!?  Seriously, my hubby and I never seem to get any break like this!
It is a two bedroom unit with a kitchen and everything:)
The Fountains Resort in Orlando. Anyone ever stay there?

Our fee for the week? $250 for the booking of the timeshare!
We are SO excited!!!
I can't stop looking for ideas to plan our vacation coming Feb. 2014:)

This one is a no brainer, unfortunately.
Our beloved pug, Asia is no longer with us.
She was 15 years old.
Here she is with our other dog, Aussie (shih tzu).
I don't have any puppy pictures because that was before we had digital cameras.
She was the most adorable puppy ever!.
She entered our family officially in 2003 when my husband and I bought a house.
First, she was my little sister's puppy while I was in college.
Then, my sister went to college and my hubby and I "adopted" her.
She was the most loving dog and always was great with both our children (they were born in 2007 and 2010).  She is a part of our family history.
Knowing that she lived a good life makes it a little better...but not much.
Her last days were sad.  She had been deaf for about two years but her mind was great.
Then, her back legs gave out and we started having to carry her everywhere.
She couldn't hold up herself to eat or go potty.
We knew we were prolonging the inevitable.
The last straw was when she just sat in her little bed and was shaking all day.
I am so proud of my hubby for being the one to take her to the vet.  
I couldn't do it.
He called me and told me what I knew the vet would say.
There wasn't much they could do and we would be back.
We made the toughest choice to put her down:(
It happened last Saturday and I didn't know if I could blog about it.
I am sitting here now crying like a baby.

 Our Christmas card photo before kids was with the dogs!

She could twirl like this over and over...so strong!
Aussie is nine years old and still very healthy. 
She spent every waking moment of the last nine years with Asia by her side.
It is not surprising that she is so depressed.
When I came home today, she was howling like I have never heard her howl before:(
I guess that is one way she can show us her grief.

(SIGH)...On a happy note...I am throwing a sale at TPT and TN:)
Adorable button by Tonya at Tonya's Treats for Teachers!

9 comments:

  1. Awww. I am crying with you. We had to put our beloved dog down this past year too and her last days were much like your dog's. I was the one that finally had to convince my husband that we couldn't let her go on like that because she was obviously in too much pain. We both took her to the vet, but I had to leave. He took care of everything else. We both took it very hard, as did my daughter, who was 7. We also have 2 more dogs, but none of them were very close. I feel for you. It's so hard to lose a pet because they are a part of your family.

    On a brighter note, that is amazing that you get to use a timeshare for Disney World!!! Yay!! Sometimes things just work out, don't they? I think it was meant to be for y'all! (And we are still paying off our college loans, too, along with my masters degree-ugh!)

    Have a great weekend!
    Amanda
    Collaboration Cuties

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry about Asia! I am tearing up thinking about how sad your family must be. Time in Disney will definitely take care of that, though. It really is the most magical place in the world. I hope you have a great time!

    -Maria
    Everyone deServes to Learn

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always hard to lose a pet; they truly are one of the family. I'm glad your finally able to go to Disney, a change of scenery might do you all some good. Have a blast!

    Christy
    Teaching Tales Along the Yellow Brick Road

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sad to hear about Asia. We have an 11 year old black lab and when I see how grey her muzzle is becoming or how long it takes her to climb off the furniture when we get home I feel a little sad. I can't imagine how hard this is for your family right now.

    That is great news about your trip to Disney. It will be so much better having two bedrooms and a kitchen.

    Enjoy your spring break!


    Looking From Third to Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I am too familiar with that kind of pain. Sending virtual hugs your way!

    But Disney sounds like it will be a blast!

    Diane
    Fifth in the Middle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh.....I am so sad for you. Our pets bring such joy to our lives. I often think my cock-a-poo (Berkeley) is an angel that was somehow sent to me.

    I'm glad you have happy things to think about and plan for. I am going to Florida tomorrow! Unfortunately I am not going to the Orlando area so can't help much with tips.
    Take care,
    Jane
    Learning in the Little Apple

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry for your loss! Pets truly make our lives richer, and it is so hard to say goodbye.

    ReplyDelete
  8. girrrrrrrllllllllll... ughhhhh.. that is a LOW!!! My little dog passed away on February 15, 2011... I will never forget it... I am so sorry for you... but I am glad I found you...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I cannot tell you how sorry I am for your loss... Asia looks just like the pugs I have/had. I had a doggie from when I was 7 to about 21 or 22 which was basically my whole life... it was heartbreaking but it will get easier. You had her for such a long beautiful life that you have no regrets :) she probably gave you the best memories and giggles (pugs do that!) I am so sorry for your other dog too :( its all just such a terrible thing to go through... pets are wonderful xoxo and so are you! Feel better and I will talk to you soon!!

    ReplyDelete