expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Natural Disasters Projects, Currently, and NY:)

Can you believe that it's March?  Wow!  I am linking up with the fabulous Farley (my blog crush:) from Oh' Boy Fourth Grade for her Currently.  I love reflecting on what is happening "right now".
We are heading out within the hour to go to one of our favorite seasonal spots.  It is only open during maple syrup season.  They serve all you can eat pancakes and sausage with their own maple syrup.  Yummy!  It is set in the boonies (most places around here are when you live in towns with one to zero traffic lights!).  We love the cozy log cabin atmosphere and fire:)  

Vacation cannot come soon enough...two weeks off starting March 23, then we come back to two weeks of ELA and math state tests.  I am looking forward to them just being done!

I like honesty!! You cannot imagine what little fibbers we have experienced this week in 4th grade!  My goodness!  Do they really think we were born yesterday?  geesh...
I love my honey!  We have used this term since we started dating in 1996 and it has stuck.  There are different tones of "honey"...elated, excited, angry, tearful, you get the idea...My roommates in college used to always pick on our different "honey" voices!
I hate HOT summer days.  If it could be NY fall weather all the time, I would be so happy (another "H" word!).  The humidity in NY can be just unbearable and exhausting in the summer.  We do not have central air (not a staple in NY), so those sleepless HOT nights can be torture!

NEXT...The natural disasters projects were quite a success!  The students enjoyed presenting them and it was a great learning experience incorporating much "rigorous" nonfiction text.  
Since I had some interest in my materials for the project, I have revamped them to put on TPT.  From now until tomorrow morning, you can get the 10 page packet of materials from TPT as a flash freebie!  After that, the pack will be $2.50.  It is a culminating project and addresses so many common core standards.  
If you download, I would be so grateful if you could take a moment and leave feedback on TPT or pin the project:)  

I also want to link up with Diane at Fifth in the Middle (so sorry that this post is all over the place!)  She is hosting a wonderful linky where bloggers link up by state!  Genius.  I cannot wait to see all the other bloggers from NY:)  Go check it out and link up for your state!
Thank you friends and enjoy the rest of your weekend!

12 comments:

  1. I feel ya on the 4th grade fibbers!!!!
    Jivey
    ideasbyjivey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on the state tests. Our state writing test is April 2 & 3, then math & reading are late April.

    Unlike you, I want the humidity to come back. There is 0 humidity in Texas right now, so my hair is flat and my skin is dry.

    Enjoy your pancakes and syrup!

    Kristin
    Teachntex

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pancakes with fresh maple syrup sound Heavenly. :) I know what you mean about Honesty. I have had to deal with some stealing and dishonesty with my Kinders and it is so heartbreaking to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for posting about the state link-up! It seems to be very popular!

    Diane
    Fifth in the Middle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yuuuuum! Now I am craving pancakes and syrup. At 3:00. Hm. Breakfast for dinner?

    My husband and I started dating in 1996! Yay!! We have lots in common! ;O)

    I'm sorry...did I read that right? No central air? DEAR GOD! I literally have nothing more to say. Except, I am sorry! I would die. Toast. I HATE to sweat. Ok, apparently I had a lot to say. ;O)

    LOOOOOOOOVE the freebie! Thank you x100 for telling me!!

    Amanda
    Collaboration Cuties

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum pancakes!
    You may say you hate hot summer days, but I'm dying for some warmer days. These 30 degree temps are killing me!

    Jessica
    Second Grade Nest

    ReplyDelete
  7. I cannot wait till state tests are over with either! Maybe you can take a vacation when they are through!

    Christy
    Teaching In Oz

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is not maple syrup time here until April - can't wait. I am jealous that your break is 2 weeks - but I only have 5 more teaching days to go before I reach mine! Going to check out the Natural Disaster pack right now!

    Looking From Third to Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for the great freebie! I just downloaded it and left feedback.

    I am drooling over the sound of that fresh maple syrup log cabin restaurant. That sounds HEAVENLY. I used to live in New Hampshire and got hooked on fresh maple syrup. It is the best. Enjoy!!

    Twenty-Six Minutes for Lunch

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoy the pancakes with fresh syrup. My husband has a relative from New Hampshire, so we get syrup every year for Christmas. It's amazing! No central air?!? That reminds me of my college dorm. Can't imagine that being comfortable for long!

    EmilyK

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello! I found your blog via Farley. I was hoping you were a flipped classroom teacher, from your blog name! :) I live in Texas...having no central air is a total joke. We would all be dead. (Literally, unfortunately.) Our state tests are early April...I am so ready to get them out of the way!!

    ~Laura
    http://fifthgradefriends.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am studying to be a teacher and I am not looking forward to state test!
    Love your blog design!
    Just found your blog! Now following!
    Looking forward to keeping up!

    xo
    Christina
    pieceitalltogetherx3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete